Volunteer applications for Savannah in the Round 2020 are now open!
We’re looking for a diverse group of great people: grey nomads, backpackers, locals - all are welcome to apply!
Our valued volunteers each receive:
- a three-day festival ticket;
- a campsite within the volunteer camping zone;
- the experience of a lifetime!
- fantastic opportunity to experience Tropical North Queensland at its best;
- volunteer work is not only personally rewarding - it looks great on your CV;
- it’s loads of fun, you’ll meet great people and see world-class acts!
- availability across the festival dates: 2 to 4 October (a day or two either side would also be advantageous);
- positive and proactive attitude;
- a basic understanding of and respect for workplace health and safety;
- ability to handle working in warm weather (expected daily high is up to 30 degrees).
- campgrounds and car park marshalling;
- site management assistance;
- construction/dismantling of fencing and structures (pre- and/or post-festival);
- box office/ticketing;
- department head administrative assistance;
- merchandise sales;
- shuttle/vehicle driving;
- venue-specific hands/runners;
- art installation construction/painting;
*In your application, please indicate your top three role preferences. Kindly note: these roles are indicative only and may be subject to change - final assignments/rosters allocated in immediate lead-up to festival.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, PLEASE
- carefully read the requirements;
- if you’re employed, tentatively apply for leave;
- check you don’t have clashes with study, family, travel commitments.
HOW TO IMPRESS
- previous volunteer experience is wonderful (though not compulsory);
- flexibility in relation to role type or availability;
- relevant skills (e.g. customer service, administrative, trade etc.);